Thursday, April 9, 2009

I need a honey so I can start a honey-do list.

I had a meeting in one of those sexy SOMA industrial-buildings-turned-Web2.0-companies last night. It was pretty much just one large open space with a full kitchen in one corner. Like a studio apartment on steroids, actually.

The kitchen really caught my eye because it looked very much like my kitchen -- groovy cabinets, double oven, etc. The difference though is that while my cabinets are a really fetching almond formica (?) with oak trim (vintage 1983, baby!), theirs were white with silver metal trim and the result was really fresh and modern and kinda spacey, but not so spacey that normal people couldn't live with them and now I'm thinking that this could be an exciting way to update my kitchen.


Here's the best picture of my cabinets I can find (without really trying that hard):



So now I need to find out if it's possible.

I know I need to update my kitchen before I sell but because I have a big, giant kinda free-standing cabinet against the other wall, I don't think it'll be as easy as just replacing the cabinet doors and drawer fronts (and new appliances & counter tops), so if I can figure out a way to work with what I've got, I would be happy. The big, giant kinda free-standing cabinet would still need new veneer or whatever the heck it is, but a sheet of veneer sounds cheaper than getting all new cabinets made (because I DOUBT that big cabinet is a standard size).

Anyway, blah blah blah...not exciting, I know, but I wanted to post this to remind myself.

And I'm gonna be really disappointed if I go to Ikea.com and find out that they're not updated old cabinets at all,

No comments: