Saturday, August 9, 2008

Out of the Closet and Into the Frying Pan

It's a new day and yes, a new blog. I've kept a blog for several years but it has always been on the down-low. I don't know why I felt like I had to closet myself, but I did, and just like I'm no longer horrified at the thought of admitting to my family that I may have attempted the on-line dating thing, I'm OVER feeling like I need to refer to my blog in hushed, secretive tones.

So there you have it: I'm outing myself as a blogger.

But why am I switching horses midstream? Why not just keep on keepin' on with my old blog? I have a variety of reasons and none of them really matter outside my own head but ultimately, it's because I want to try something new.

And also because back 100 years ago I bought www.elizabethlovesbacon.com and never did anything with it and this seemed like an easier way to keep the dream alive. Heh.

And just so we're clear, while the name might imply otherwise, this is not intended to be yet another "OMG BACON IS THE BOMB" blog. I'll let all those other people review bacon related food products and talk about how awesome their bacon shower curtains are. I mean, bacon is delicious and all but I do not support bacon related home decor.

No comments: