Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Things:

1. I ate a whole TON of beets for dinner and now my tongue is RED:
It's always pointy though.

2. I won the tax refund lottery. THANK THE SWEET BABY JESUS. Now I can get my oil changed, have a couple of pictures framed, get my hair cut, pay for my dry cleaning and then still have enough money left to have my family over for dinner. I'm a high roller, yo.

3. I made the mistake of opening the Pottery Barn catalog that came in the mail today. I would have lived a perfectly happy life not knowing that this duvet cover existed but now that I do, it's going to TORTURE ME to not buy it because it matches my apartment soooo beautifully:

I'm putting it on my birthday list and maybe it'll still be available then. YOU SEE HOW FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE I AM NOW, INTERNET? It's crazy.

3a. Gawd...going to the Pottery Barn site looking for that picture was also a BAD idea because now I see 85 million other duvet covers that I NEED. My mom buys a new duvet cover every couple of weeks so I can't help being drawn to them...it's in my blood.

3b. My friend Christa couldn't figure out why I got two duvet covers for Christmas because who in the heck needs more than one?? Except that don't forget, my mother is English and they change duvet covers every time they change they change their sheets so that's the way I've always done it too.

4. Another nugget of proof of my financial responsibility: I came home from work and didn't really have much to eat and I was feeling flush at the news of my tax refund lottery winnings so I decided to treat myself and be lazy and order Chinese food. I got my credit card out and I sat down at the WWW to view the menu and decided that YOU KNOW WHAT, SELF? You're not DYING for Chinese food so why feel gross and greasy and spend money you don't actually have yet when you *could* eat a Lean Cuisine and roast those beets you bought the other day. So I did. I ate the Weight Watcher friendly and FREE meal.

I WIN!

5. The blind guy on American Idol makes me nervous with his awkward close leaning into Ryan like they're gonna kiss or something. And the scared look on his face too -- his brother needs to teach him not to look SO! ALERT! And he needs a haircut, but that's not his fault.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I would like this one: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p9271/index.cfm?pkey=call-duvet-covers-shams

AND.. blind dude's stare is off-putting.

ALSO, check out my captcha!
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qa5tp0&s=5

Anonymous said...

I love that duvet cover! I love this one: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p12005/index.cfm?pkey=call-duvet-covers-shams

Also, I am now regretting looking at the website because I have a list of 100 things I want. EXCEPT for this. Let's discuss how hideous this is:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p10872/index.cfm?pkey=call%2Dclearance

Elizabeth said...

@ ED: That captcha has your name written ALL OVER IT!

@ PLP: Holy crap! That would make for the tackiest beach house ever!